All the style of military apparel with none of the required commitment.
Oh, you didn't hear? Military is back in a big way. The 686 Reserved M-65 Insulated Jacket helps you stay on top of the game (and stay dry and warm at the same time). This low-pro piece features lightweight insulation, a hide-away hood, and muted colors that are a welcome change of pace from the pop-color craze of the past few years.
- Infidry-10 waterproof/breathable membrane keeps you dry in all but the wettest on-hill conditions
- Polyfill insulation in body (40g) for a extra warmth without restrictive bulk
- Hide-away hood deploys via a zipper tucked into the collar
- Retractable pass pocket at left chest
- Adjustable powder skirt connects to any 686 snowboard pants
Share your thoughts
How different is the "Black Heather Wool"...
How different is the "Black Heather Wool" from the "Black Twill Denim"? They look very similar but I kinda favor the Black Twill...
You're correct that they're very similar. The feel of the material is the only difference. Twill will be slightly smoother to the touch, wool will be... wooly feeling
People mention the more tailored fit. Does...
People mention the more tailored fit. Does this fit tighter in chest than typical 686 jackets or tighter than other brands?
Anyone out there give out your height and weight and what size you went with and how it fits with say a t shirt underneath?
If 686 fixes the fit and the collar, it would be perfect
I really wanted to keep this jacket but 3 things ruined it for me.
What I liked:
- Lots of features
- Lots of pockets
- Durable fabric (i ordered the black twill denim)
- Hidden pass pocket
- Audio loop in addition to the audio hole
What I disliked:
- The hood feels cheap compared to the rest of the jacket
- When zipped up there's still a ton of space in between my neck/face and the jacket neck itself. So much so that it looks a bit awkward when the hood is inside the collar.
- The fit. This is a REALLY tailored fit.. like a suit should be worn not a snowboard jacket. If you plan to layer with it as I wanted to it's nearly impossible unless you size up. If you did size up though the collar would be huge and silly looking.
Is this the same jacket? It looks a lot...
Is this the same jacket? It looks a lot darker on this website:
Yes, they are the same jacket. Our images turned out a little funky though.. the jacket will appear closer in color to the image in the link you supplied. Hope that answers your question.
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Light but warm, waterproof, and pockets for everything. Great jacket.
Very clean looking jacket!
This jacket looks clean when you tuck away the hood! You can wear this jacket out in town, or you can pull the hood out and wear it all day on the mountain! This jacket is very warm and comfortable! It feels amazing and is very water proof! This a great jacket at a great price!
Sweet jacket i got last years model im 5'11'' 160lbs and i got the large fits perfect, nice and warm. Love that you can access the inside media pocket without unzipping the jacket. This Jacket wont disappoint.