The show must go on, cold as hell or not.
The 686 Smarty Arctic 3-In-1 Jacket is called the 'Arctic' because it features a removable quilted 250g fleece sweatshirt to add a lofty layer of insulation when your nose hairs turn white and your cartilage turns to ceramic in frigid weather. It's called 'Smarty' because when the weather heats up, you can take the liner fleece out. The sleeves of the Arctic are pretty intelligent, too, with hand-panties to keep snow from getting up your sleeve, a clear media pocket with cord feed, a convenient pass pocket on the left cuff, and a mirror on the other to check on those nose hairs.
- Includes a removable, zip-in quilted 250g Smarty fleece sweatshirt that's perfect for layering and works as streetwear
- Fully-taped seams block out moisture where it likes to creep in most
- Invisi-Zip pocket conceals the jacket's waist gaiter when you don't need it
- PJ Connect—pant-to jacket interface connects via snap tabs on the jackets waist gaiter to the pants fabric loops
- Air-Flo zippered vents dump the heat or keep it in
- Extendo-Flex large hood accommodates a helmet with gusseted Lycra side panels
- Ideal for temps -5○ to 32○ F (-21○ to 0○ C)
Share your thoughts
Good but ...
This is a pretty good jacket but has all the signs of being made in China. The seam down the left side of the inner jacket wasn't sewn properly & there were quite a lot of long threads hanging from the seams. Other than that it's a pretty versatile, warm & comfy jacket with plenty of pockets. I got a medium & it's a little bit tighter than I'd like but will suffice. I'm 5'9", medium athletic build.
I ordered one and it was missing pockets, meaning that the fabric of the pocket was not sewn in. I exchanged it for another one and there is ripped stitching and loose threads everywhere. apparently made in china means sloppily made in china