Stand tall, Mr. Smarty Pants.
- All 686 Smarty pants and jackets are designed with a 3-in-1 detachable liner system that allows you to wear the gear multiple ways
- Wear the pant shell and removable liner together on snot-freezing days, relax in just the fleece liner at the lodge, and wear the shell alone for spring riding
- 15K-rated Infidry fabric and fully taped seams shed outside precipitation and allow excess internal heat and moisture to escape
- Thigh vents dump excess heat when you hike in the park
- BOA-compatible snow gaiters come with boot hook and sock guards to keep them in place and keep the snow where it belongs
- Internal waistband adjusters allow you to optimize the fit
Share your thoughts
Best Pants Ever!!!
The 686 Smarty Original Cargo are the standard as far as snow pants are concerned in my opinion. As long as they keep making these things, I dont think I'll ever buy any other pant, These things are just so solidly built, loaded with features, and have such a perfect fit that nothing compares. I've had many other brands and in this price range no one offeres anything close. This review is for the 'tall' but it goes for the regular too. Its the same pant.
Haven't gotten to try them out yet, but they seem like great snowboard pants. They run big, though. Normally I wear a medium, but I am returning these for smalls.
Is 15,000 mm waterproof rating going to...
Is 15,000 mm waterproof rating going to keep one dry on the wettest of days? My current pants have an 8,000 mm rating and on a wet rainy day water soaked through the buttocks region from sitting on wet chairlifts. I do not want that to occur again, so will these hold up?
15K is plenty to keep you dry on the wettest days.
686 Smarty Tall 3-in-1 pants
These pants are awesome. The liner is great and the pants are very warm. The interface with the Smarty Jacket works really well. Being 6'4" it is hard to find pants that fit well, but the extra few inches that the tall pants have make a difference. Definitely a good buy.
Yeah, they're smart.
Regardless of where you got your public education, you can make up for it with these. The features on these pants are great, but the best part is the fact that you won't be cold- at all. The inner lining makes all the difference, while not making you feel like you have a loaded diaper underneath. The boa trap doors are awesome for not having to pull the gaiters up to loosen up your boots. Tons of hiding space pockets that you'll probably never use. If you're goin for the gangster look and you're not 6'5" like I am, the backs of these can drag without tearing, as they've been coated with some sort of polymer to keep from wearing. Intelligence never looked so good.
Being tall and thin, I was on a quest to finally get a pair of ski pants that fit proerly. Plus I required many features like cargo pockets, venting and hook gators. These fit the bill.
Ideally, I'm 33 waist with 34 inseam. The medium-tall version of these fit great with a little sinching of the inner drawstring.
All the pockets and other unexpected features have made these pants a joy.
Although Backcountry sorting and filtering made it very difficult to find exactly the sizes and features I was seeking, the live-chat support helped signficantly.