It wasn’t too long ago that wearing denim on the mountain was a sign of incompetence. Now, the denim look indicates that you’re a ripper. But while taking your resale-shop jeans snowboarding might sound like a good idea, they’re going to wet through faster than that time your friend stuck your hand in warm water while you were sleeping. Instead, gear up with 686’s Times Levi’s 3-Ply 514 Pants. These may look like ordinary jeans, but, because 686 bonded the cotton fabric with a 20K waterproof nylon laminate, you’ll notice a big difference when it’s time to shred.
- Infinidry 20 three-ply fabric technology consists of 3 layers (a base fabric, a micro porous laminate, and a poly-tricot backside), and bonded together, these layers create a fabric that has a waterproof rating of 20K and a breathability rating of 15K
- In other words, with 20K waterproofing, you can comfortably ride out the wettest winter storms while your friends get wet and miserable
- Accented stitching and cotton fabric looks dangerously similar to a pair of Levi 514 jeans
- BOA-compatible snow gaiters come with boot hook and sock guards to keep the gaiters in place and the snow where it belongs
- Articulated knees provide extra room and freer movement
- Recco rescue technology reflector included
- Hidden pocket, key clip, and glove loop attachments to help you keep track of your stuff
Share your thoughts
Hey all, Anyone know how much these pants...
Hey all, Anyone know how much these pants weigh? I've got a pair of the Smarty '08s and they are super heavy! Looking for a pair of 20,000 waterproof rating and super light.. any suggestions?
I just received the insulated 686 x levis. the $220 pair. the packing list said it was 2 lbs. These pants, I suspect, might be slightly heavier because of the extra layer of whatever. Hope that was helpful.