Speed and versatility for every season and pursuit.
From endless desert vistas to fresh backcountry powder, improve your balance and stability with the Black Diamond Ultra Mountain FL Trekking Pole. The Z-Pole speed cone deployment allows you to instantly expand or collapse the pole while a single Flick Lock Pro clasp on the top shaft section provides eight inches of versatile length adjustment.
- Durable aluminum construction provides a low weight of just over a pound per pair
- Z-Pole speed cone deployment allows you to instantly assemble this three-section pole by pulling the grip and first shaft section away from each other
- Z-Pole system allows you to collapse the pole with a single push of a button
- Single Flick Lock Pro adjustment on the top shaft section allows you to quickly adjust the length to suit the terrain
- EVA foam grips with moisture-wicking straps provide all-day comfort and support
- EVA mini-grip extension allows you to quickly choke-up on the pole on steep sections of trail
- Includes Flex Tech carbide tips and rubber tips
- Includes 60mm Trekking Baskets and Compactor Powder Baskets
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
These poles have been a go-to for me on the trails in the Alps for several seasons, and haven't ever disappointed. The collapsability and size for transport and packing is great, while they still extend to the appropriate length (just make sure you check your measurements and get the right size poles for you. Treat them right, and they'll take care of you on all terrains.
Necessary for me
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I have some not so good knee tendons and when it comes to hiking and I can't do anything above 6-8 miles without feeling like there is a arrow in my knee. . *cough* Anyway, these poles are ultra compact and have held up just fine so far to general up and down wear and tear. I can navigate just fine with a single pole which allows me to share, but having the second really comes in handy for all day trekking.
At first I thought the folding a Z-Pole and FlickLock Pro mechanisms were a bit gimicky, but they're just so uber quick to deploy and have been super stable, no complaints what-so-ever.