Stable high speeds and worldly deeds.
Having a garage full of boards can be cool, but in all practicality is brilliant; hence the super-versatile hybrid Boardworks Von Sol Limited Edition Rising Sun, designed to handle small, mushy waves and strong double-overheads alike. With the easy paddling of a fish and the hard-carving power of a shortboard, this baby can turn and burn and take you back out lap after lap. A magic relaxed rocker reduces drag, and the single-to-double-barrel concave hull design delivers quick rail-to-rail. And then there's the limited-edition graphic, whose beauty goes more than skin-deep: a portion of every sale goes to disaster relief in Japan.
- Sean Mattison designed this versatile hybrid—easy-paddling and quick-turning—so it will slay everything from waist-deep mush to double-overhead
- Magic relaxed rocker gives gentle curve to the nose with less drag for early takeoffs on mellower waves
- Pulled-in tail template with single-fluted, elevated wing to round pin gives this hybrid more mobility so it can go places wider, straighter fish can't
- Single to heavy double-barrel concave hull design increases speed and rail-to-rail quickness
- FCS 5 fin box included, with quad fins and a smoothing-out, tightening-up nubster
- Boardworks donates $20 per board to disaster relief in Japan, which makes your turns all the sweeter