Forget the steamy van in the parking lot and climb into the Bond Shelter Jacket for protection from the nastiest Pacific storms. No matter how wet and heavy the snow, the 2.5-layer, highly waterproof recycled polyester shell ensures the flakes stay out of your inner layers, so you can scour the mountain for deep tree stashes and pillow lines. Bond also attached a squirrel print liner to this super-techy jacket to aid breathability and to enhance your smoky gondola rides.
- Polyester and recycled PET polyester (from plastic bottles) shell features a water-resistant coating and fully taped seams to keep out the wet snow and water dripping from chairlifts
- Bond uses recycled metal and plastic scraps to make its snaps and zippers, reducing the eco-impact of this jacket and all its outerwear
- An asymmetrical front zipper adds a unique look and reduces the chances of chin-vs-zipper confrontations
- Adjustable hood, Lycra wrist gaiters, and a powder skirt block out the cold smoke of your first and deepest turns of the day
- Goggle wipe on right wrist gaiter helps clear the blinding snow while you ride away from another faceshot
- Underarm zip vents let in cool air as you hike to the summit for an extra five hundred feet of fluff
- Water-resistant waste management pocket holds snotty rags, trash, and frozen bananas (but not at the same time)
- Media stash sleeve in a chest pocket holds your electronics where they’ll stay warm and dry
Share your thoughts
I am 5'10, 155 lbs, got the Medium. The medium is a little too baggy and wide in the body for my liking (I am picky when it comes to fit), but is understandable because I probably should be in a Small.
Besides fitting though, I am pretty happy with its construction. I could see some of the stitching on the outside eventually coming apart after lots of riding, but am really a fan of its shell construction. Also, overall it is a great looking jacket, and has some really cool details throughout.
Overall, if there wasn't a fitting issue, (or if I could get ahold of a Small) I would definitely be keeping the jacket.
Sick But missing
Super sick jacket! Nice construction, great hang, and sick style. All the features are great but it is missing the big inner pockets to stash the goggles and gloves.....big over site.....also no media pocket or head phone runners, but the chest pocket where the media slot is is close enough to still run a wire to your helmet. Other wise trash pocket that will hold empties like a champ nice pow collars on wrist and neck and also completely green
Great PNW Jacket
If I didn't pick up my Gore T Rice shell I would have swooped this up in a heartbeat. The fit and finish of this jacket is top notch. It's loaded with cool features like the wrist gaiter wiper, trash pocket, and offset zipper. A huge plus is the fact that Bond is a carbon neutral company that is run by some really cool people. A worthy addition to anyones kit!