The essential avalanche rescue tool used between the beacon search and shoveling stage, the Brooks-Range 240 Aluminum HD Avalanche Probe is what actually locates your buried companion and confirms where you should start digging. Assembling this tool is easy; just toss it, pull the T-handle, and lock it into place. Then you can start probing in a grid pattern after your partner completes the pinpoint beach search.
- Tapered tube joints mean you shave off crucial seconds during the assembly
- The head busts through compact debris and is larger than the shaft to prevent snagging and freezing during repeated probing
- Graduated shaft lets you measure the snowpack in centimeters
- Lightweight (11.64oz) and compact when folded (15.75in) means you won't have a problem finding room in your pack for it
- A part of the avalanche safety trifecta (beacon, shovel, and probe) which is your best bet at a happy avalanche rescue