Quick, strong, and reliable; once you learn how to use it.
Since your probe might be what actually finds your buried buddy or buddies, you might as well spring for the lightest and strongest you can get: the Brooks-Range 240+ Carbon Pro Avalanche Probe. All you have to do is flip it out, pull on the T-handle, and lock it into place, then you're ready to start probing for your buried backcountry companion.
- Strong, lightweight, and flexible carbon fiber won't let you down during the 'real thing'
- Conically shaped tube joints mean you shave off crucial seconds during the assembly
- The head busts through compact debris and is larger than the shaft to prevent snagging and freezing during repeated probing
- Graduated shaft lets you measure the snowpack in centimeters
- Ultra-lightweight (7oz) and compact when folded (15.75in) means you won't have a problem finding room in your pack for it
Share your thoughts
Is this an ortovox probe with a brooks-range...
Is this an ortovox probe with a brooks-range brand on it? Looks exactly like the ortovox carbon probe.
okay, with a little bit of research I could find that ortovox actually makes avy probes to brooks-range. I'm not sure if there is any technical difference but apparently not, this and the ortovox 240+ carbon probe should be exactly the same as far as I can tell.