Get a closer look and a better idea of what's going on underneath your skis.
That weak rime layer two feet below the snow's surface may or may not be getting worse. Only by pulling out the Brooks Range Folding Magnifier X10 and getting a closer look can you really tell if the crystals are beginning to bond. An essential piece of a snow scientist's kit, this magnifier unfolds and lets you get a 10X look at the snow so you can more accurately access and forecast the avalanche danger for your touring party.
- Features imperial and metric scales on the base
- The one-inch diameter viewing area gives you a good scope of the crystals you've collected
- Folds up flat and stores inside an included pouch to protect the glass lens
- Open dimensions: 4.76 x 3.8 x 5.7cm (1.875 x 1.5 x 2.25in)
- Folded dimensions: 4.76 x 3.8 x 1.6cm (1.875 x 1.5 x 0.625in)
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I had the BCA version of this a couple years ago and lost it. I was sad, but then I saw this one...and to be honest I can't think of any differences between them, except that this one comes with a pouch. Score!