One shell, many conditions.
- New Pow Grip cuff loop slips over your thumb to keep snow out of your sleeves
- New Micro Adjust cinch in the contoured hood improves your peripheral vision
- Powder skirt keeps snow out of your layers, and comes off for a trip into town for some après action
- Jacket-to-pant zippered interface increases protection against snow
- Underarm zippers provide ventilation when you start to warm up
- Hem cinch cord seals out wind from the bottom
- Sig Fit cut gives you room to layer without bagginess, and features extra-long sleeves and body
Share your thoughts
The old standby
AK cant be beat. Waterproof - windproof - breathable. It's great quality. And this years model is at least a few inches longer than previous years. And I would argue it fits bigger than previous year models - which is nice. Not sure who Burton is making these jackets for - but I think they fit awkwardly on almost everyone that I have seen wearing them (except for the least curvy of girls).
AK lasts forever - so get a color that you can live with for a long time.
The olive is a little brighter than it looks in the picture.
Lacking a few features, but I didn't return it
Sooo. I was really excited to have two things: a hood that fit over my helmet and the pant/jacket zippered interface. Thought I was getting both....nope.
I have last years AK pants with NO belt loops. They have a half zipper on the back. My old jacket just had the loop buttons to hook to belt loops. My back got pretty cold a few times. Looks like they went back to the old button on the belt loop design.
Hood almost fits over my helmet...maybe it's just cause I have a big head. :) my jacket is a S and helmet is L
Also, was hoping for more pockets in this jacket. It seems to be marketed to those who don't care much about lift serve. I love those outer chest velcro stuff pockets. Used the zippered chest pocket (they say goggle pocket) the other day. could barely fit my hat in there.
Also, this jacket does NOT have the 'pow-grip' cuff loop sleeve.
So not much on this page is true about the jackets features.
Its a great shell. but I'm only keeping it cause I bought it proform and wore it before realizing it wasnt the jacket I had thought it was.
Can you guys get this jacket in the prism...
Can you guys get this jacket in the prism colour?
Backcountry may still receive it, keep checking back.