A serious shell for serious three-season shredding.
- Gore-Tex Performance Shell membrane and fully taped seams repel falling snow, dripping chairs, and slushy falls
- An adjustable hood provides increased storm protection and customization to match the conditions
- The AK fit matches your body's natural shape and movements on the mountain, while allowing room for layering
- Zippered underarm vents expel excess heat once the afternoon sun hits the mountain
- The removable powder skirt and hook-and-loop cuffs seal out the cold and snow during magnificently deep days and repeated crashes
- A jacket-to-pant interface creates a seamless barrier with a compatible Burton ski pant
- Water-resistant zippers lock out wind and moisture, and the tall, brushed collar keeps out wind and snow without chafing your skin
Share your thoughts
Words can't even begin to describe how much I love this jacket... It is simply the best in every single aspect. I wear it for street wear, and have taken it riding a few times now, and have no complaints at all.
The GoreTex is absolutely prime, nothing tops it. Water beads up on it and sheds off like nobody's business. But since it's the GoreTex, it's obviously super breathable as well, so you never feel swampy. The pit zips are great, and can cool you down in an instant. Pockets are great too, materials are awesome... The only minor complaint that I have is sometimes the zipper is a pain, and it doesn't pull up as easily as you would expect. Oh well though, this jacket still kicks ass.
And to top it all off, it's still super styly. I love wearing this as casual wear around campus/town. The fit is great, and the color is awesome. I'm 5'2, 115 lbs, and got the Jaded, M. Still fits baggy, but I'm not swimming in it...
Would definitely recommend this jacket to anyone and everyone!
How does this jacket (or any other one in...
How does this jacket (or any other one in the AK series) fit relative to Burton's other jackets? I find their regular jackets to run a bit tight, so I'm wondering if it's the same for the AK series.