The storm summoner.
When your local hill resembles the Alaskan backcountry, zip up the Burton Women's AK 2L Embark Jacket. Gore-Tex Performance Shell fabric keeps you bone dry in the stormiest conditions, and low-bulk Thermacore insulation traps heat around your bod. A tough weatherproof shell makes the women’s Burton [ak]™ 2L Embark Jacket a smart decision for morning forecasts that call for wind, rain, snow, or all of the above. On the inside, a new strategically engineered lining and insulation system optimizes warmth, breathability and mobility based on your body’s needs. Pit Zips™ provide optional venting when hiking or digging, while ballistic stitching and water-resistant zips ensure survival from wind-whipped ridgelines to craggy cliff zones. Fully backed by the complete confidence of a LIFETIME WARRANTY.
- Guaranteed waterproof breathable shell blocks outside moisture while letting perspiration escape
- Fully taped seams stop water from sneaking through the stitching
- Mesh-lined, zippered underarm vents let hot, sweaty air out and fresh air in
- Powder skirt stops snow from spraying up your back when you're riding the deeps
- Engineered lining places warm, breathable, and flexible fabrics where you need them most
- Pow Grips feature an inner-cuff straps that wrap around your gloves to keep snow out of your sleeves
- Articulated sleeves let you move your arms freely
Share your thoughts
I'm quite the gear whore. I have about 5 different jackets. I wanted the warmth of a puffy but not the bulk, and boy did I find it. Boarded in -15 Celsius and I was toasty warm with just a merino ninja suit baselayer underneath. Yes it's pricey but you pay for quality and I don't regret pulling the trigger. Great jacket.
try this on....burton size chart not reliable
I got this jacket when Burton replaced a jacket of mine under warranty. A couple of things to note: the sizing seems a little bit "off" to me. I had an old AK jacket in a medium and it was a bit tight in the chest. I am 5'5", 140, and a 34-D. When I got this new jacket, I got out a measuring tape and went by the size chart. I ordered a large, and when I got it, I was swimming in it! It was huge. The sleeves went way past my fingertips, and I have long arms. The chest, waist and shoulders had lots of extra room. Also, the shroom color was more of a purple than a blue. I returned it and am waiting on a new jacket in SpaceDye in Medium. Hopefully the medium fits.
Things to note: The jacket is toasty warm, and the interior is lined with a fuzzy material. As with all burton gear, this is a quality jacket. I would simply recommend going with your normal size or be prepared to exchange if you go by the size chart's sizing.