The Burton Women's AK 2L Flare Down Jacket brings the warmth and comfort of reading a book next to a pot-bellied stove and sipping hot chocolate with the performance to keep you prevailing through gales and bails. This amazing feat made possible by Gore-Tex waterproofing, 650 down fill, and a women-specific AK fit.
- Two-layer Gore-Tex Performance Shell blocks out wet flakes and pummeling winds in winter and rain during the spring meltdown, while breathing for comfort
- Fully taped seams cover all stitching points throughout the jacket to keep moisture away
- Gore Seam taping minimizes the width of the taping to reduce weight and improve breathability
- 650-fill down offers insane warmth in a medium-bulk, highly compressible package so you can feel like you're wearing a puffy while still being able to cram the jacket in your pack
- AK fit is engineered to mirror your movements as you ride or hike with articulated mobility
- Underarm mesh-lined vents allow cooling air to circulate as you ride up on the lift after an intense run
- Drop-hood design sits low on the collar to cover your helmet but not flop in the wind when not in use—genius
- Removable powder skirt includes jacket-to-pant interface that attaches to corresponding pants to provide further snow-resistance
- Ergonomically shaped cuffs provides extra coverage
- YKK matte-finish covered zippers seal out moisture at the zippers without the typical shiny finish most covered zippers have
Share your thoughts
I love this puffy!
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
This puffy is sooo warm, soft and cozy. I wear this jacket about 70% of the time, however in the summer/spring days when riding in the sun it's a little too hot so I switch it up. I love the quality of the gore-tex in burton, I ride quite a bit in harsh/wet conditions and this jacket is definitely one of my favorites.
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This jacket has almost everything you would expect in a Burton jacket, yet a few flaws dropped my rating. The fit is loose, yet not baggy. I'm 5'9", 140 lbs and normally wear a medium in womens clothes. Using the sizing chart I fell into the large though with this jacket, which fits properly. I have long arms and often have a hard time finding sleeves that are the perfect length. These sleeves are long, even for someone with long arms. If you are short armed you probably won't like the fit. I was looking for a warm jacket that can keep me warm in below zero temps and wind hills. This jacket does just that. It is a very warm jacket that blocks the wind, yet you can open the vents to dump heat when needed. The vents are NOT mesh lined as advertised. The front zipper does not have an external storm flap which is another problem when the wind is blowing cold. I had lots of issues with the jacket shedding down, whichBurton says is normal, though others say shouldnt happen much with a quality down jacket. I'm hoping after a washing it gets better, but at this price I am disappointed in the jacket. I would say its a $250-300 jacket, not $500+.
"Royal Blue" Color
The "Royal Blue" looks nothing like the royal blue color shown in the photo above. Its actually a purple jacket. If your'e looking to buy a purple jacket, its a nice color, but not at all Royal Blue. (Star rating not relevant)