Slowly going the way of the yeti.
Engineered with unlimited dexterity and harsh, unpredictable weather in mind, the Burton AK Yeti Mitten equips your hands with the technology needed to stay dry while conquering the steeps of AK.
- Gore-Tex X-Trafit membrane possesses more dexterity and the closest fit out of every waterproof and breathable Gore membrane; now three-layer construction feels like one
- Fully taped seams prevent water from entering the glove along all stitches throughout the glove
- Pittards Oiltac leather palm utilizes a super-grippy (but still pliable), polymer-infused leather structure that has been treated to limit sweat and external moisture absorption; the infused polymer replenishes itself to surface when needed to increase grip
- Woolly pile fixed fleece lines the interior of the mitt with crucial warmth for cold-weather riding
- Extended-length storm cuff with zipper top-closure takes a preventative measure against snow getting in your glove
- Pistol-grip curvature and ergonomic design conform to the shape of your hand right out of the package
Share your thoughts
AK all the way
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
These gloves are sweet! My only complaint/suggestion to any buyers would be to take it easy with the Nikwax. I made the mistake of using a soft cloth (as they suggested) to lightly rub the wax into the glove and apparently my light rub wiped the AK logo right off the glove. I decided to just use my fingers for the palms and then the Nikwax did a number on the grippy circular pattern. Personally the AK logo and the grippy pattern was what separated this glove from some of the others I was looking at (Pow stealth mitt, AK guide glove) so needless to say I was a little disappointed. With that said all of the issues didn't effect the functionality of the glove so it's all good.
Slowly buying everything AK
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I have Burton's AK pants and jacket, and now closing in on all things AK with these Yeti mittens. They're great, as expected from the expensive, but probably worth it line of quality Burton products.
I finally made the switch to mittens and bought a simple touch-screen compatible liner that i can wear when i need to get to my phone on the lift. Works great, and much warmer than gloves in my opinion. The cuffs are a little long, but i always keep them tucked in under my jacket, so seems to work out fine if you don't need to take them off too often.
Great quality AK gear
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
These mitts are great - very high quality. They are warm to about 15-20 degrees but are sized to wear with a liner if you want. The Burton AK Oven Mitts are warmer but are way too warm for most days in Colorado. The Yetis are WAY more low profile so I wear these most of the time. The leather is fantastic. Love them!