The Burton Full Metal Jacket is not made of metal. That would be uncomfortable and it would rust. Instead, Burton used DRYRIDE Durashell 2-Layer Oxford Ripstop 10K waterproof breathable fabric to protect you from the elements, and a ton of venting for warm weather versatility. A regular fit makes layering easy without giving it a bulky look, and the not-too-many-frills design keeps the weight down and gives the Full Metal Jacket a clean look.
- 10K waterproof breathable DryRide 2-layer Ultrashell keeps you dry and comfortable
- Tons of pocket space so you can carry everything you need for a full day of riding
- Dedicated media pocket protects your MP3 player
- Fully taped seams eliminate waterproof weak spots
- Drop hood stays out of your way while not in use
- Crossflow venting allows you to cool down quickly when needed
- Removable waist gaiter with jacket-to-pant interface for big powder days
Share your thoughts
Looks good but thin
Jacket is a bit thinner than I had hoped. Definitely a nice shell though. It's not going to be warm enough for riding Mary Jane in CO. Think I will send back and get the Ride Laurelhurst for a little more insulation.