Devour the powder with Charlie power.
Charlie loves powder and he relies on the Capita Charlie Slasher FK Snowboard to ride it with. However, he doesn't think his pow gun should have to look like the gamut of pow-boards out there, so he's left out the wood veneers, the rasta hits, and quite frankly, it is void of any hippy graphics whatsoever. This powder killer is just that; a ravenous monster born to chew up fresh fields. Who ever said laying back in pow actually required you to be laid-back, anyway? Charlie says go after it in full beast-mode.
- POW FK flat-camber profile is level after the front inserts to the tail with rocker in the nose and Flat-Kick in the nose and tail; this results in balance, float, and the ability to carve in crud and ice
- Wah-Pow! Flat-Kick technology features a unique geometry that maintains contact at the shoulders of the board to give you more leverage when pressed and through turns
- Radical Taper sidecut narrows the tail and widens the nose, creating a sink-and-float effect that takes the leg-burn out of getting pitted, so pitted
- 30mm carbon-fiber stringers are placed in a parallel and vertical array in the nose to strengthen it and add response in deep powder
- Form 6-C laminates SPECIAL BLEND EVO TECH resin to 612g/m2 biaxial fiberglass giving the board life and a habit for pillaging powder while appeasing your hankering for buttering and leaning back
- RFC sustainable core is assembled from a single-species poplar grain for a smooth and consistent flex from tip to tail
- Wax-infused rotation-sintered base resists impact from rails and natural features while holding speed on flats
Share your thoughts
Charlie Nails It!
Recently had the chance to ride my new Charlie 158 in 12" - 18" (depending on on location) at Steamboat.
Overall, it worked as advertised with great performance in the untracked. However, I was also surprised at how well it blew through the chunder towards the end of the day. . . must be the carbon stringers in the nose.
I also found that it handled surprisingly well in tighter trees. The effective edge is about the same as my daily driver (Gnu Eco-Genetics 155) but felt sufficiently nimble that I didn't really have to worry about speed checking.
Bottom line, a great choice and can't wait to ride it again!
Looking to get this and use it on pow days....
Looking to get this and use it on pow days. What length +/- my usual should I be looking at?
It's good to have a pow board come up to somewhere in between your chin and nose when standing on the ground. You'll appreciate the extra cm's on those deep days... For example I'm about 6'2 and ride a 165-168cm in the pow and a 155-159cm for park and other all mtn type riding.
Hands down my favorite pow board
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This thing is incredible! Whenever it dumps in the Sierra I'm "sick" and this board comes with me. It floats so fast through pow and its flat tail allows for smooth landings off drops or jumps into pow. The best thing about the board is that you don't have to be leaning back all the time, this not only saves your legs, but also allows you to be in your normal riding position in pow, which allows much better control. I will buy another one of these with out a doubt for my next pow board.
CAPiTA Charlie Slasher FK
Why It's Awesome: This tapered tail powder machine is engineered to surf the white waves at a price you can afford. Designed with freestyle-inspired tip and tail shapes, these boards are rockered from the insert pack forward for easy flotation above the snowline. A mistake some companies make is engineering powder boards to have full rocker in the tail area, which requires more energy to keep your body weight properly distributed over your board and reduces stability for stomping pow landings. The Pow FK has a flat base from the midsection through the tail that allows you to conserve your energy, and transform the incredibly tiring powder days into incredible, epic, pow days.
Best Powder Slasher!
This board is so amazing in deep powder! It makes riding powder, feel like surfing a wave! It has a unique shape like no other board out there! It has a rocker nose, then flattens to tail! It rips through powder, and stomps any landing on the mountain! This board is so much fun on powder days, and is a must have in your capita line up!