Women-specific freestyle delivering space-metal smiles.
In 2011, Jess Kimura was the writing on the wall for women freestyle riders everywhere, pushing them to step up their game; the Capita Women's Space Metal Fantasy FK Snowboard was the instrument Jess used to ride those walls (and rails, and jumps). Sure, Jess has natural ability beyond that of the the average ripper, but she wasn't the only one who took notice of the Urban FK profile, soft flex, and durable construction of the SMF. Just ask Transworld Snowboarding, they gave it a Good Wood award for the Women's Park Board category.
- Urban FK profile was designed for hot jib action with no hang-ups; the level zone between the feet and rockered section under the feet and on the nose and tail ensure that fun will ensue
- Wah-Pow! Flat-Kick technology features a unique geometry that maintains contact at the shoulders of the board to give you more leverage when pressed and through turns
- Anchormat protection place lightweight and durable composite material at the nose and tail to not only offer protection from rails but also to press and butter with less effort
- Pre-curved 420 biaxial fiberglass presents freestyle flex and snap that are both forgiving and fun
- WDT Engineered Jib core bonds soft-flexing wood with lightweight and resilient composite material, so it flexes and feels like wood, just with a new level of elasticity
- HTP (High Transparent) extruded base was built tough to take blows from rocks and rails while the altered molecular composition presents vibrant colors and detailed graphics
- Face it, you can't resist the Space Metal's mind-blowing graphics
Share your thoughts
not what I expected
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I haven't ridden this board much because it is so heavy. It is also longer than it is supposed to be. My board was supposed to be a 146 but it is longer than all my other boards of that same size. The graphics are awesome though and its a sturdy board. It would probably be awesome if I had ordered one size smaller.
CAPiTA Space Metal Fantasy FK
Why It's Awesome:
Simply put, it's Jess Kimura's board of choice -- and she knows what she's talking about when it comes to snowboarding. As the winner of Transworld SNOWboarding's 2011 Women's Video Part of the Year alongside nominations for Women's Rider of the Year and Rookie of the Year, Jess isn't just a good snowboarder... she's taking snowboarding by storm.
Modeled after the Horrorscope FK, the reverse camber Flat Kick application of the SMF obviously yields some awesome results. Elevated contact points provide a very forgiving, fun experience for intermediate riders looking to expedite the learning curve, and pre-loaded reverse camber positioning helps expert level jibbers looking to impress.
Best girls board!
This board has awesome flex to it! It makes riding so much easier! This board is so easy to learn new tricks and it floats well in powder because of the flat kick! Its the best board out there for any lady who wants to rip!