The board that just about covers it all.
Part of Kelly Slater's small-wave arsenal, the Channel Islands Black Flag Whip Surfboard provides you with a fast, responsive board that kills it in knee- to head-high surf.
- Two top layers and one bottom layer of high performance fiberglass wrap the ultralight, responsive polyurethane core
- Shorter wider Whip outline and single-to-double Tri Plane Hull bottom enable a faster board and provide a more responsive feel than the previous single concave version
- Double concave deck gets your feet closer to the water line
- Carbon fiber strips inlaid from the nose to the leading fins concentrate the flex in the tail, thus providing more spring out of turns
- Half moon tail breaks up the rail line and gives the board more release out of the top of the wave
- Five-fin setup (fins sold separately) offers a ton of versatility for varied conditions and styles
- Channel Islands recommends ridding the Black Flag Whip three-to-four inches smaller than your shortboard, 1/4-inch wider, and roughly the same thickness
- Ideal for use in knee- to head-high surf and by intermediate to expert surfers
Share your thoughts
I wanted to know if you can order this...
I wanted to know if you can order this surfboard at 2 1/2 thick >?
Favorite in quiver. I am 6'4' 190 and ride a 6'1. Definitely can ride this board a few inches shorter. This is due to the board being slightly wider, as well as being a little beefier in the nose than a standard shortboard. This gives it more speed and better performance in smaller mushier surf. Not a crazy amount of rocker either. In sum this board will be shorter, wider, thicker,and flatter than your standard shortboard.
I typically ride this board from a little above waist to about head and a half.
Is this board really made of eps epoxy??...
Is this board really made of eps epoxy???
yeah i wonder the same thing according to bottom picture its an ultra light glassing logo...
Says PU in the description not eps