The ultimate all-around shortboard.
Who better to design a surfboard then badarse prosurfer Kelly Slater? Taking his favorite aspects of the Tangent and Proton, Kelly came up with the Channel Islands Semi Pro Surfboard. After three WCT wins and a 10th world title on the Semi-Pro, Kelly proved it was worthy of riding and that he's still at the top of his game. This all-around shortboard loves hollow waves, provides more control, enables tight arcs in the pocket, and handles mushy waves like a pro.
- Two top layers and one bottom layer of high-performance fiberglass wrap the ultralight, responsive polyurethane core
- Shorter rail allows for tight arcs in the pocket
- Deep single concave allows the board to work best on rail
- Ample rocker enables you to make deep gouging carves
- Thanks to its wide point being two-inches behind the center of the board and an increased nose-width, you're able to surf mushy waves
- Tri-fin set-up (fins sold separately) provides that quick release needed to power from turn to trick
- The Semi-Pro should be ridden shorter than usual; Kelly prefers to ride the Semi-Pro with his normal dims, but his same height (5'9")
- Ideal for waist high to well overhead waves and intermediate to pro experience
Share your thoughts
Will the 5'11 size be back in stock at the...
Will the 5'11 size be back in stock at the discounted price anytime soon?
Solid Perfomance Board
Have this board in a 6"2" and love it. I find it works well from chest to well overhead. Will work in waist high if it is punchy enough, but wouldnt be my go to for these conditions.
All in all I would say a very similar board to the Channel Island Whip, though this board is more perfomancy than the Whip. I find the Whip works better in waist to chest mushy conditions while this board excels more in chest to overhead cleaner surf.
is the board is really eps epoxy with 5...
is the board is really eps epoxy with 5 fins set up round pin?
The newest Semi Pro is a 5 fin set up. This is the model before it which only features a 3 fin set up. It also not eps epoxy.