Take only what you need to survive.
Odds are decent you won't need a ton of extra layers when you're spending the day pounding Moab singletrack, but you will need to stay hydrated under that raging sun, which is the name of the Dakine Drafter Pack's game. It has room for a windbreaker, but its bread and butter is the three-liter Shape-Loc hydration reservoir, which holds enough juice to keep your gullet moistened during long summer rides. It also boasts an absurd number of pockets, from a padded phone pocket to a fleece-lined sunglasses pocket to a pump sleeve to three more internal organizers, which can hold tubes, snacks, sunscreen, hex keys, a map, and then some. There's also a carrying system on the back for a full-face or XC helmet, and a rescue whistle on the sternum strap if you end up miles from anywhere and need to signal a friendly rescue lizard.
- 630D nylon and 1260D ballistic nylon
- Air Mesh suspended back panel
- 3L Shape-Loc hydration reservoir
- Sternum strap with safety whistle
- Full-face/XC helmet carry system
- Three mesh internal organizer pockets and pump sleeve
- Fleece-lined padded phone pocket
- Fleece sunglasses pocket