If your job or classes require a ton of stuff, and you find yourself carrying a laptop everywhere, you should definitely check out the DAKINE Terminal Backpack.
Share your thoughts
does the pack have a water bottle...
does the pack have a water bottle holder?
Great bag...But not for larger than 17" laptop.
This bag has more pockets then I know what to do with, and the quality is great. HOWEVER....do NOT believe the laptop pocket dimensions. Yeah, I'm sure that's the inner pocket size...but the zipper hole size is half that. I have a lap top that is 18.4 monitor size, smaller than the dimensions listed for the size that will fit. It will NOT fit...at all. Even customer service says so...well, it won't.
Is there any type of hip belt to this...
Is there any type of hip belt to this pack?
Is the laptop sleeve padded on the bottom...
Is the laptop sleeve padded on the bottom also?
No, the sleeve does not have a padded bottom, but you can solve this by putting an old t-shirt in the bottom of the pack.A light fleece garment also works well.
I use this laptop bag for work. Its a comfy snugg fit to my back when I'm on my motorcycle. Nothing falls out even when your absent minded like me and forget to zip up the laptop portion. Fits a lot inside! I sometimes carry a 17" widescreen and a 15" laptop as well as notebooks/binders/etc and there is still room for plenty more.
My biggest complaint is the lack of camel toe. But once you get past that its a great all around, very heavy ware bag. I suspect this will last for a good few years.
The greatest Backpack
I ordered this backpack for school and I love it. It has an endless supply of compartments while still looking great.
Hi I was just wondering how big is big....
Hi I was just wondering how big is big. Im only like five feet eleven inches tall and I weigh about 135 pounds. Is this bag going to be too big for me?
20 x 12 x 9" [ 50 x 30 x 23cm ] (taken from Dakine's website)so its a bigger bag, but with your height it shouldn't be to large for you.
is the flannel actually flannel? or is it...
is the flannel actually flannel? or is it nylon with a flannel pattern? flannel flocked fabric doesn't seem too sturdy, but it looks nice...
nylon with a flannel pattern.Very abrasive resistant nylon.
Versatility and Durability
I just bought my second one. I carry one for work w/laptop, accessories, folders, etc. and use the other at festivals, day hikes or trips to the park w/ 3 kids. I've never not been able to take what I need in any of these situations. It hangs well loose on one shoulder and ratchets tight enough to me for a small climb. Can't live without it! My wife loves me because she never has to carry a thing and all my vices fit in those little inside pockets.
Best laptop bag ever
I have had this bag for a few years now and it has been all over Europe and South America. It has places for everything and I can store every type of electronic gear imaginable in it. I recently carried my laptop, a full size keyboard, mouse and a 17" monitor that I connect to my laptop. They all fit in the pack. I normally carry my laptop and a big SLR camera and a bunch of lenses and a change of clothes. It has a pouch for sunglasses that I use as well. It has been all over the world and still looks fairly new. Great pack.
This is a great bag for big people with big packing needs. I am 6'2", and I feel like it fits me perfectly. I have had this bag for over 9 months now, and I have only minor complaints. First, the good stuff:
- It is very roomy. I use this bag for school, and I regularly pack the following items in this bag every day: 3 heavy books (4000+ pages total), a laptop, bike pump, a thermos, lunch, pens, etc.... With a little creativity, everything fits.
- It has neat niche pockets. I never knew how badly I needed a a bag with built in CD storage. Also, the sunglasses pocket is very useful - I always stuff my ipod in there.
- All of the other pockets are very well designed. They have enough dividers and zipped compartments to satisfy your OCD impulses, and they fit everything.
- The padded laptop compartment is a boon. Once, while biking to school, I bit it on some ice and fell so that the side of the bag slammed into the asphalt. My laptop suffered a direct hit, but still works despite a gnarly dent on the corner. I split the credit for this between Dakine and Apple...
Also, the separate compartment allows you to easily pluck out your laptop at the airport without unpacking anything. This compartment is generously proportioned as well. It easily fits my 15" Mac, and since my slip on the ice I have begun to insert my laptop into a separate padded case which adds an extra inch or two to the thickness of the computer. Yep, still fits, albeit a little tight.
- The padding on the back and straps is pretty great. I still get sweaty, but at least I am comfortable.
The bad stuff:
- Due to my daily habit of carrying over 50 lbs in it, the left strap has begun to fray where it meets the body of the backpack. It looks like it will last much longer though...
- The CD pocket, cool as it is, is placed so that the zipper does not travel all of the way down the side of the bag. In other words, on a normal front loader you can zip about 300 degrees around the front of the bag - on this one you get maybe 200. This means that you are not able to open the bag as wide as a normal bag. Of course, this only matters if you plan on packing around a ton of crap.
It's got a padded laptop sleeve, right?
It's got a padded laptop sleeve, right?
Yes, both front & back.