The DAKINE Throttle Insulated Jacket uses chill-stopping PrimaLoft One micro-fibers to keep you warm while you're waiting on freezing lift rides or sitting at the top of the mountain pondering your line. Now you won't have to rely solely on that flask of whiskey to keep yourself warm. Of course, you'll still drink the whiskey, but you won't shiver so much as you're trying to open the cap. In fact, the Throttle jacket has enough storage pockets to pack a few flasks—you'll be like a full-service bar on a board.
- Double-layered polyester shell with Teflon DWR finish repels the first wave of moisture
- 15K-rated fabric keeps you dry when fresh snow starts falling
- Fully taped seams stop moisture from creeping in through the stitches
- Strategically placed PrimaLoft One insulation uses super-fine microfibers for water-resistant heat-retention
- Brushed tricot lining is incredibly soft and easy to wear
- Underarm zip vents get rid of overheated air
- Removable drop hood protects your head from whipping winds and snow
- Zip-off powder skirt blocks snow from flying up your back
- Plenty of pocket space including pass, goggle, and media pockets store your snow-day essentials
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Went up last weekend, used this for the first time. Super comfortable jacket, kept me nice and dry. Fit is a bit long, but I quite like that for boarding. Wasn't much powder about so can't comment on the skirt - loved the amount of pockets though. Sleeve pocket was ideal for the lift pass.
Agree with the other review that it's quite big and bulky - if you don't mind that kind of thing (like me) then I'd definitely recommend it.
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
Gave this jacket to my cousin for Xmas. He has used it once and loves it so far. This jacket is pretty burly I guess. Big and warm. Lots of pockets. Gets the job done. Not really a technical jacket, kind of bulky and boxy.