Zero Camber is Awesome
By N/A August 12, 2009
When I took this deck out last February I wasn't really expecting a whole lot, but it quickly became one of my favorite boards from the 2010 line up. The new Zero Camber, Flatline tech that K2 is putting into their decks feels so nice under foot.
Imagine that board that you've ridden for 3-4 seasons about 50 days each season. How great it felt when you had it broken in, but how bummed you were when it "died" and you realized it was time for a new deck. Now picture a board that starts out like that and stays like that, that is what the Flatline tech gives you right out of the package.
Oddly enough, I actually demoed this board right after trying out the new Burton Method. I was pretty shocked at how similar the shapes, sidewall construction and weight were on the two boards. Then I was really blown away with how much better the Slayblade handled the mountain. The base was fast, the edge hold was solid, the pop and responsive was top notch. The overall flex was about a 6 out of 10 but was playful when I wanted it to be and stiff and aggressive when I was pointing it down steeps. This is definitely a board you should check out for the 2010 season as you will not be dissappointed.
If your boot size is bigger than a 10.5, make sure you're checking out the wide version so you don't get toe drag. Also, I was lucky enough to have my review published in the Snowboarder Magazine September 2010 Buyer's Guide. Check the link below to check it out and feel free to hit me up with any questions.
Helpful Votes: 1 Yes
- 153 cm, 156 cm, 158 cm, 161 cm, 164 cm
- Effective Edge:
- [153 cm ] 1193 mm; [156 cm ] 1218 mm; [158 cm ] 1243 mm; [161 cm ] 1269 mm; [164 cm ] 1294 mm
- Waist Width:
- [153 cm ] 248 mm; [156 cm ] 250 mm; [158 cm ] 252 mm; [161 cm ] 254 mm; [164 cm ] 256 mm
- Sidecut Radius:
- [ 153 cm ] 7.8 m; [ 156 cm ] 7.9 m; [ 158 cm ] 8 m; [ 161 cm ] 8.1 m; [ 164 cm 8.2 m
- Stance Width:
- [153 cm]; [156 cm]; [158 cm]; [161 cm]; [164 cm]
- Stance Setback:
- 3/4 in
- Bambooyah Blend
- Ĝ Sintered
- Recommended Rider Weight:
- [153 cm] < 160 lb; [156 cm] 130 - 210 lb; [158 cm] 130 - 210 lb; [161 cm] > 150 lb; [164 cm] > 160 lb
- Recommended Use:
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 2 years