By dre2902348 Ranked #2303 - Boards February 23, 2010
I rode my skate banana for the first time this past weekend. I've been snowboarding for a long time, and have ridden various different boards. Nothing compares to this board. The edge hold is un-real. The only think I can relate it to is like having a really sharp pair of ice skates. The carving power this board has is unbelievable.
As for the reverse camber, its not as much of a difference as I thought it would be while riding. However, the flex is buttery, the reverse camber really allows for a different type of flex, a softer flex in the center. The nose and the tail have MASSIVE amount of pops, and are a bit stiffer.
The reverse camber plays a significant role when riding switch, for me at least. Its super easy to initiate turns, where as on a traditional camber board, riding switch often seems to require more aggressive movement while carving, etc.
Absolutely a MUST BUY board!!! And I've ridden it once! hahaha.
Helpful Votes: 2 Yes
- 145 cm, 149 cm, 152 cm, 154 cm, 156 cm, 159 cm
- medium (5 of 10 on Gnu's scale)
- Power-transfer Internal
- Effective Edge:
- [145cm] 1080 mm; [149cm] 1110 mm; [152cm] 1140 mm; [154cm] 1150 mm; [156cm] 1170 mm; [159cm] 1200 mm
- Waist Width:
- [145cm] 239 mm; [149cm] 247 mm; [152cm] 252 mm; [154cm] 253 mm; [156-159cm] 255 mm
- Sidecut Radius:
- [145cm] 7.9 m; [149cm] 8.1 m; [152-154cm] 8.2 m; [156cm] 8.3 m; [159cm] 8.4 m
- Stance Width:
- 20.25 - 26 in
- Stance Setback:
- H-Pop (wood alloy)
- Recommended Rider Weight:
- [145-149cm] 60 + lb; [152cm] 65 + lb; [154cm] 70 + lb; [156cm] 75 + lb; [159cm] 80 + lb
- Recommended Use:
- freestyle, park has never been so fun
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 1 year