Pow slashin' dream machine!
By dan4131428 Ranked #1287 - Boards December 24, 2010
I'm 5'10" 165lbs and just got done riding my 160cm Sick Stick on vacation at Northstar and Heavenly in Tahoe. They've been getting pounded the last week with 8+ feet of snow and conditions were knee to waist deep all over. This board rides so damn good! The flat camber helps it turn like a much shorter board (turned as easily as my 155 Capita Horrorscope) which was a huge bonus on those tight tree runs. The slight taper keeps the tail sunk but it still maintains control on groomers. I rode it setback and centered on different days and while you can attack the pow with a centered stance I preferred the extra float of a slight setback. I was also pleasantly surprised how light the board was. I thought because of the low weight and thinness of it that it would be a bit uncomfortable on lumpy terrain but it actually held up pretty well. Not the dampest ever, but good enough. On the few soft groomers I rode, it still felt great and was able to ride switch decently, but this is a board that will probably only come out on the days with 8+ inches of fresh and will mostly be ridden forward. The only downsides of the board to me is the price. I planned on getting the Charlie Slasher for almost $200 less, but the Sick Stick came in a better size for me and now that I've ridden it I have no regrets.
Overall this is a very surfy, very playful, good looking board that helps make those dream days even better. When this one wears out I'm sure that I'll get another.
Helpful Votes: 0 Yes
- 153 cm, 156 cm, 160 cm, 163 cm, 166 cm
- tapered twin
- medium (5 of 10 on Salomon's scale)
- rocker (reverse)
- Effective Edge:
- [153cm] 1130 mm; [156cm] 1150 mm; [160cm] 1170 mm; [163cm] 1200 mm; [166cm] 1230 mm
- Waist Width:
- [153cm] 246 mm; [156cm] 250 mm; [160cm] 252 mm; [163cm] 256 mm; [166cm] 260 mm
- Stance Width:
- [153cm] 24.3 in; [156cm] 24.9 in; [160cm] 25.4 in; [163-166cm] 25.8 in
- Stance Setback:
- Ghost Green
- Recommended Rider Weight:
- 110 - 155 lb, 130 - 165 lb, 140 - 195 lb, 150 - 215 lb, 153 - 230 lb
- Recommended Use:
- slaying pow while staying eco-friendly
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 3 years