154 TRS C2 - Great Choice!!
By Sperry Ranked #1759 - Boards December 28, 2010
After riding my 155 GNU Danny Kass BTX for the past two seasons it was time for a new ride. The Kass had lost the majority of it's pop. I loved that board for the massive pop in doing nollies and flatland stuff. The banana made that work fun too.
Knowing I wanted something a bit softer but still plenty of pop the TRS sounded like the sure bet. Being my 4th Mervin board I knew to expect exactly what the (sometimes nonsensical) marketing jibberish described.
I mostly ride the whole mountain with some flatland and park thrown together. So the mid stiff 154 seemed like a good fit. I am pleased with the drive the board has but with it being shorter the turns are a tad tight and its not really a carver... but it does hold and you can lean hard and have a lot of fun riding it's length at speed.
Being the shortest of my boards it has taken a little getting used to, but the cambered ends give it a longer feel. The pop is there - not quite as pronounced as the Kass - and the loose banana feel is dead on. Wide stance rocking wedgie 4.0 on the Ride binders are a perfect fit for this board.
Overall, everything I expected out of this board is there. No regrets. Actually thinking about picking up a longer version for trips to big mountains or days when I want to hit jacket flapping speed with comfort.
Helpful Votes: 0 Yes
- 154 cm, 157 cm, 159 cm, 162 cm, 167 cm
- [154-157cm] medium (5 of 10 on Lib Tech's scale); [159-162cm] medium (6 of 10 on Lib Tech's scale); [167cm] medium-stiff (7 of 10 on Lib Tech's scale)
- C2 Power Banana (hybrid)
- Power Transfer Internal
- Effective Edge:
- [154cm] 1150 mm; [157cm] 1170 mm; [159cm] 1190 mm; [162cm] 1220 mm; [167cm] 1270 mm
- Waist Width:
- [154-159cm] 253 mm; [162cm] 256 mm; [167cm] 263 mm
- Sidecut Radius:
- [154cm] 8.2 m; [157cm] 8.3 m; [159cm] 8.32 m; [162cm] 8.45 m; [167cm] 8.5 m
- Stance Width:
- 20.25 - 26 in
- Stance Setback:
- Columbian Gold (wood)
- TNT (extruded)
- Recommended Rider Weight:
- [154cm] 120 + lb; [157cm] 130 + lb; [159cm] 140 + lb; [162cm] 150 + lb; [167cm] 155 + lb
- Recommended Use:
- big mountain, freestyle, complete control while charging , all-mountain
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 1 year