One sweet ride
By bittergourd Ranked #113 - Boards December 4, 2011
Jamie Lynn Phoenix 151
At first I was a little worried that the 151 would be a bit short for my size, specially since I am 150lbs and have a size 9 boot and the waist width is 24.7cm and I usually ride boards around 156 to 158.
This deck is a workhorse. The mellow mag is a lot less catchy than the other two Libs I own (a T.Rice 153 and a Banana Magic 157) and you can lock and carve better than any carving board out there. The base, even though extruded, is quite fast. Much longer radial sidecut to lock in to those turns and gun it over everything.
The C2BTX definitely helps keep it a lot more stable on high speed. Isn't squirelly at all like other reverse camber/rocker boards I've tried. Very stable on every jump I hit with it.
I took it through the trees, through ice and crud, on through the deep and the steep. Slayed 'em all. Very happy with this board.
Helpful Votes: 0 Yes
- 151 cm, 154 cm, 157 cm, 160 cm
- directional twin
- [151cm] medium (5.5 of 10 on Lib Tech's scale); [154cm] medium (6 of 10 on Lib Tech's scale); [157-160cm] medium (6.5 of 10 on Lib Tech's scale)
- C2 BTX Banana (hybrid)
- double sintered UHMW
- Effective Edge:
- [151cm] 1130 mm; [154cm] 1150 mm; [157cm] 1170 mm; [160cm] 1190 mm
- Waist Width:
- [151cm] 247 mm; [154cm] 249 mm; [157cm] 251 mm; [160cm] 257 mm
- Sidecut Radius:
- [151cm] 8.55 m; [154cm] 8.65 m; [157-160cm] 8.75 m
- Stance Width:
- [151cm] 19.25 - 25 in; [154-160cm] 20.25 - 26 in
- Stance Setback:
- 0.5 in
- H-Pop (wood alloy)
- TNT (extruded)
- Recommended Rider Weight:
- [151cm] 110 + lb; [154cm] 120 + lb; [157cm] 130 + lb; [160cm] 140 + lb
- Recommended Use:
- all-mountain, freestyle
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 1 year