Fun to ride, Not Durable!
By woo3255601 Ranked #152 - Boards March 1, 2013
This board performs well all over the mountain. It is light and maneuverable for trashing the park, floats ok in powder, and to my surprise it is stable at high speeds (although for anything too steep or icy the flat camber is too washy).
My only problem with this board is that it has not lasted long. After 3 days on the mountain, I have one core shot the size of a quarter, one edge close to blowing out, and the tip is starting to delaminate. Now the base damage IS my fault (I'm not one to shy away from a powder stash, even if there may be hidden rocks and stumps) but the size of the damage tells me that this stick was not built to withstand much abuse. Also, the delamination is UNACCEPTABLE after only 3 days.
Overall I'd recommend the buckwild for crushing anything in-bounds, but it will not stand up to the streets or backcountry. The combination of pop, camber, and flex make it ideally suited for halfpipes and big jumps, especially when spinning is involved.
((( A note on flat camber: I bought this board short, thinking that a short board plus flat/rocker profile would equal mega-smooth buttery jibbness. At 6/10 the flex is too stiff for such purposes, and I found myself slipping off the end of the board if I attempted any but the most modest of presses. For playful softness I think a traditional camber board which flexes in the middle is a better choice, because a softer reverse camber board gets unstable in a hurry. Now you know! )))
Helpful Votes: 0 Yes
- 151 cm, 153 cm, 155 cm, 157 cm, 159 cm, 161 cm
- medium (6 of 10 on Ride's scale)
- Twin rocker
- 85A Slimewalls
- Effective Edge:
- [151 cm ] 1178 mm; [153 cm ] 1190 mm; [155 cm ] 1203 mm; [157 cm ] 1228 mm; [159 cm ] 1241 mm; [161 cm ] 1267 mm
- Waist Width:
- [151 cm ] 250 mm; [153 cm ] 251 mm; [155 cm ] 252 mm; [157 cm ] 253 mm; [159 cm ] 254 mm; [161 cm ] 255 mm
- Sidecut Radius:
- [151 cm] 9.2 / 7.7 / 9.2 m; [153 cm] 9.3 / 7.8 / 9.3 m; [155 cm] 9.4 / 7.9 / 9.4 m; [157 cm] 9.5 / 8 / 9.5 m; [159 cm] 9.6 / 8.1 / 9.6 m; [161 cm] 9.7 / 8.2 / 9.7 m
- Stance Width:
- [151 cm] 21 in; [153 cm] 22 in; [155 cm] 22 in; [157 cm] 22 in; [159 cm] 22 in; [161 cm] 22 in
- Stance Setback:
- Fusion 4000 (sintered)
- Recommended Rider Weight:
- [151 cm] 100 - 150 lb; [153 cm] 125 - 175 lb; [155 cm] 130 - 180 lb; [157 cm] 130 - 180 lb; [159 cm] 140 - 190 lb; [161 cm] 160 - 210 lb
- Recommended Use:
- all-mountain freestyle