By rogue303 Ranked #5001 - Boards March 11, 2008
I've been riding the 06 Vapor now for around 100 days, admittedly this is the older model, so Burton may have improved it.
1. It's way too stiff - I think this lessens its maneuverability and stability - especially when ripping through a tight packed tree run.
It also makes it completely unsuitable for buttering or any kind of trick that requires flex in the board.
It could be me, but I don't find that it pops well at all.
2. It doesn't hold its edge very well - so as soon as you're riding on steep, hard packed snow, you'll find that your edges start to slip out - and yes, I've had it tuned, and it still does the same thing.
3. It's flimsy. The topsheet flakes and cracks like it's going out of fashion. The die-cut on the bottom is de-laminating as well.
4. The price man. The price. What the? Who's stupid enough to pay that much. Oh... me...
Err... it's ok in the deep powder.
Bottom Line: Ride something else. Your wallet will love you. Your skill level will also love you.
Helpful Votes: 0 Yes
- 150cm, 153cm, 157cm, 159cm, 163cm
- Effective edge:
- [157cm] 1212mm
- Waist width:
- [157cm] 248mm
- Sidecut radius:
- [157cm] 7.79m
- Stance width:
- [157cm] 53cm (20.9in)
- Stance setback:
- 1.25cm (.49in)
- Core material:
- Alumafly, aluminum honeycomb
- Sintered WFO
- Rider Weight:
- [159cm] 140-190lb (64-86kg)
- Recommended Use:
- All-mountain snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 1 Year