The Electric Loveless Collection Detroit Sunglasses bring slick Motor-City style to wherever you live. These straightforward shades inject your swag with steely style while they protect your eyes from glare.
- Acetate frames are lightweight and their wire core adds durability
- CR39 lenses are tough enough to handle the rigors of your daily life without succumbing to scratched to pieces, and they're extremely lightweight
- Stainless steel hinges offer smooth operation
- UV protection keeps the sun's harmful rays out of your eyes
Share your thoughts
make some noise for detroit
In the sea of sunglasses claiming Ray-Ban as an inspiration, the Detroit is as close in profile and construction to a pair of Wayfarers as you'll ever get - and actually, I think these are almost nicer than the Wayfarers most of us already own. The frame is made from some very nice, two-tone handmade acetate and features awesome asymmetric temple detailing as per the Loveless collection. Early versions of the Wayfarer had that deep, signature 'tilt,' and you'll get a bit of that here with the Detroit as well. An homage for sure, but this is a classic in every sense of the word, and one with more than enough style to stand on its own.
* not a super tall or wide frame - if you prefer extra coverage, check out the Detroit XL. Something about the slightly smaller frame lends a bit more to the classic nature of the profile, so if you need to widen the earstems out a bit, you can use a hair dryer to heat and carefully bend the acetate