Ready to go big.
- Performance Highback features the most forward lean of any Flux binding and delivers a wide range of motion
- Sky Cushion baseplate padding combines air pockets and EVA to absorb shock
- Cushy F-Tech 3D ankle strap offers a supportive, ergonomic fit for maximum comfort
- Lightweight TPU Flux Toe Mask strap conforms to any boot shape without slipping
- UU Fit delivers a 360-degree fit for better comfort and support without pinching or pressure points
- Low profile ratchet buckles tighten and release precisely and quickly
- Hardware for tool-free strap position and highback rotation hidden behind cover for extra-slick look
Share your thoughts
So far, very impressed
I'm gonna finish the season riding these bindings. Very comfortable. Very responsive. Super easy adjustability. They have handled everything I have thrown at them so far. No problems at all. Very well built.
are these the dank?
are these the dank?
It's a bit more stiff than the Union Forces but softer than Cartels. I had a pair of Flux Distortions but they were too soft and the TT30s are just great if you are looking for an all around binding. Enough respsonse for slaying hard pack, shredding pow, and soft enought for ripping the park. However, they are a little on the heavy side.
The worst experience with a snowboard binding company
I purchased the Flux tt30 binding from backcountry and recieved them in a timely fashion and was very excited to ride them. I rode on these bindings twice (Just free ride not park) and began to see the suade binding strap begin to peel. This was very surprising to me because they are not cheap and i only rode on them twice. So i decided to contact Flux directly at 310-533-4834 and spoke with a representative who said send an email with a picture and someone will get back to me. So i sent the email and waited 2 weeks with no reply from the company. I then decided to call them again and no one was available so i left my name and number. Again no reply for another two weeks. I then decided to call them once again and spoke with a representative who was unaware of my email but checked his computer and pulled it up. He then stated that the binding strap is not a manufacture defect and accused me of dragging the binding on the floor. Just so you guys know I did not drag it on the floor or even ride in the park it just started peeling on its own. This is the worst experience i have ever had with a snowboard binding company. The customer service sucks and when you do get in contact with someone they accuse you of messing it up yourself. These bindings are poorly made and poorly represented by there customer service employees. My advice dont buy these bindings it was a waist of money.