Get the probe, get the proper training, and then get out there.
There's no need to skimp on the backcountry essentials so long as you have the G3 320 Speed TECH Probe in your kit. Thanks to its lightweight construction and intelligent design, the 320 Speed Tech shaves ounces off of your pack weight while still allowing for quick assembly and reliable strength for those times when every second counts.
- Quick-pull deployment extends the probe in seconds and can be operated with bulky gloves
- Lightweight and dependable aluminum tubing keeps weight to a minimum without sacrificing durability
- Ice-resistant tech helps prevent jamming
- G3 Cone tech tapers the tip of the ferrules for a quicker assembly and improved cable durability
- Graduated markings in 5mm increments along the entire length of the probe allow for precise measurements when digging a snow pit or during rescue applications
Share your thoughts
never had a problem with it
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I found that this probe is super solid and is perfect for the BC snow pack I ski in. I've deployed this probe probably over 60 times and it never gave me problems, and the draw system is very fast and easy to use.
Broke on 2nd day
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I threw it maybe 20 times in my class 1 avalanche course then it broke (split down the side) on day 2 out in the field. If there was a real avalanche my friend would be dead right now. I did like the draw system though, super fast!