The Herschel Strand Duffel Bag features a throwback design with comfortable padded handles, a large easy-access top pocket, and snap down sides for a slimmer profile when carrying lighter loads.
- Fully lined with Herschel signature coated cotton/poly fabric
- Outside sleeve pocket secures smaller items
Share your thoughts
The bag's biggest shortcoming is its lack of pockets.
There is this one exterior pocket that is not super secure.
Here's a picture of the interior of the bag.
It's a cute red and white striped lining.
I like this lining because it cleans easily and well, you simply wipe with a damp cloth to freshen your bag up a bit.
Huge & Durable
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I needed a new bag to carry my work crap around because the 80s era Solomon Ski Jammer backpack I was previously using was looking a bit worse for the wear.
This bag is REALLY big, I am one of those people that carries a TON of crap with me, wherever I go. I have my LARGE 14" laptop, my lunch, crafts or books to entertain myself on my daily van commute, etc. This bag has no trouble fitting all this junk and more. I love the patterns and the bag itself is really durable with sturdy straps.
* Durable with sturdy straps
* High quality zipper
* Wide base, so the bag stands upright
* HUGE - capacity is sizable
* Cute interior liner
There are a few things that do bother me, however.
* There is no interior organization in this bag, which is frustrating, it's a free-for-all. Herschel could make a much better product by either adding dividers or even an interior pocket or two. There is only one exterior pocket that does not close.
*The leather zipper tabs kind of suck, they are always coming loose and it's only a matter of time before I lose one.
If you are an organizational freak, you should consider the Strand Plus: