IVI got all the details right when it created the Women's Dusky Sunglasses. The frames are handmade from Italian acetate and feature a curvy, cat-eye shape that's stylish, but it doesn't scream for attention. Wire detailing sets off the top of the Carl Zeiss lenses and three-barrel, metal hinges give the temples an action that's buttery smooth and reassuring. Right down to the forged-aluminum accenting on the temples, the Dusky elevates the expectation for lifestyle sunglasses.
- Vision lenses utilize Carl Zeiss optics—Zeiss is a premium name in the world of optics and lens design
- Lenses feature a six-base curve that eliminates distortion and provides ample peripheral vision
- Acetate frame material is lightweight and features a smooth contour
- Forged aluminum temples add a simple touch of style and rugged durability
- Square, aggressive frame shape sits comfortably on your nose and over your ears
- Hinge uses a five-barrel design that gives the temples a silky smooth open-and-close action
- Frame size accommodates a small-to-medium face
Share your thoughts
Lady Gaga -esque
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I went to the retail store to try to grab these in the Ivory/Green-Grey variant, but those were in the other warehouse. I was able to try on the Aqua Fade - this a is a really great description of the color as it does like an aqua to black/brown ombre. I do feel like the blue is actually a bit lighter and brighter than the image on this page. Also, you can kind of see the metal reflective strip at the top of the lens in this picture, but that is much more noticeable in real life. THAT is why I would call these "Lady Gaga" glasses. Also, I found that the front half of the arms is actually also made of metal.
These glasses are super flashy, stylin', blingin'... whatever you want to call them. Definitely style over function, but if you're going that route then this is definitely the way to go! Bonus - IVI is Rob Dyrdek's brain child.
I love the cat-eye, but wish these were just a little bigger, and didn't have that metal strip - just not sure if I have enough style to rock these!
IVI Dusky Sunglasses
IVI Dusky Sunglasses