Your best friend on a powder day - in anything from four inches to four feet.
- Directional hybrid-rocker shape uses exaggerated rocker in the nose with slight camber between your feet - tons of float without sacrificing control through the chop
- Wide, blunted nose shape reduces drag to stay above deep snow with minimal effort
- Modified Magne-Traction edges add five contact points - mellower toward the tip/tail to allow feathering turns, and more pronounced between the feet for powerful grip on ice
- Thin film topsheet replaces traditional plastic for reduced weight and environmental impact
- Sustainably farmed wood core is FSC-certified
- Short length combined with large sidecut radius makes the board easy to throw around in tight spaces, but also stable at speed
- Carbon-infused sintered base holds a ton of wax to keep you sliding fast
Share your thoughts
not just a powderboard its an true all mountain board
Everywhere this board is for sale ppl say its a powderboard....this scares people away who dont find the time to search the internet for reviews and forum topics.
Think this is one of few true all mountain boards.
its good on groomers/ice/hardpacks/cruds/molugs/slush and yes Powder. (like jeremy jones said; in the backcountry u dont only have powder u got all snowconditions...and that what this board can handle)
you dont want to buy this board if u go in the park or wanna ride switch all day.
also if ur only mission is to ride fast on groomers u should get a more dedicated board.
for everybody else this is the board to have.
the first track i did with this board i was worried about the width ....is wider than i was used to (had a fish and ross powersboard). it looks like a wideboard,
But after 2 turns i got the hang of it...and it was easier to carve than a fish....it can go easy in a straight line...perfect.
and i really like the oldschool graphics
Hovey: King of the Powder
I admit it...I have a obsession with powder. If you think you might suffer from the same debilitating snowboarding disorder, stop thinking about purchasing this board and do it. NOW. For years, my pow stick of choice was the 160 Burton Fish. Great in untouched, but the noodle-ly front end would bounce in chop and was tough to manage in other conditions. The Jones 156 Hovercraft? Kills it. Want to straight-line a huge untouched face? Done. Take huge surf turns? Go for it. Bounce around in the moguls or fly through trees? No problem. It's become my go-to board here in Colorado I'd say 80% of the time. Best board I've ever owned, riding since 95'. Now if only I had the money to get one of the hovey split decks...
I love hovercrafting
Best powder board I have ever ridden hands down. I have been snowboarding for 20+ years and this is one of the funnest boards I have ever ridden. I was a tad skeptical of its shape at first. It reminded me of what shape of the boards when I first started riding, but after my first run I had a huge smile on my face. This thing is really fun! It has a playful surfey feel to it and it floats you right on top of the powder. This is also the shortest board that I have ridden in years, but this board in no way comes up short. It handles great on the hard pack too. You get the thing on edge and it just goes. Nice work Jones. If you are thinking about getting this board, dont hesitate. Get it. I promise you wont be disappointed.
160 Hovercraft Topsheet
160 Jones Hovercraft Topsheet.
My board came with the Red base.
160 Hovercraft Red Base
160 Hovercraft Red Base