Should an avalanche seal your partner below feet of rock-solid debris, the K2 Carbon Avalanche Probe pierces through tough snow that would leave more flexible probes struggling to perform. K2 spent seasons perfecting the trigger pull handle, auto locking deployment system, and carbon shaft so you can rely on this tool whether you're measuring the depth of a pit or saving a life that hangs in the balance.
- Carbon shaft material reduces probe flex and ensures supreme stiffness that allows you to easily push this probe deep into thick avy debris
- Trigger Pull handle provides a secure, powerful grip and works as part of the packing system in order to keep this tool packaged neatly when not in use
- Backslide Auto Lock hardware secures the shaft sections together quickly so you need only toss the probe out in its loose configuration and then give a quick tug of the handle in order to pull the sections together
- Shaft markings give you precise 1cm measurements for recording snow pit and snow depth data
Share your thoughts
Light and Strong.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Nice and easy to use. I like the handled end gives a different grip than others I have used. Packs away in a tiddy fashion and quick draws to check out the snow below you. Measurement as well.