Go ahead and rant about it.
- Passive channel venting helps keep you cool when you hike for the goods
- K2 Baseline Audio system with removable speakers, glove friendly volume control, and generous speaker wire, so you can rock out when you shred
- Bandana face shield affixes to the earpads for easy attach-and-go riding
- K2dialed adjustable fit system ensures a comfortable, custom fit
- Drip edge protects the top of your goggles from any unwanted snow.
- Washable head liner and removable ear liner with audio pockets
Share your thoughts
Tuckerman's Ravine Mt Washington NH
The helmet made unique
I purchased the Reverse Denim helmet for myself after trashing a Giro Omen. After having the Giro for 3 years I had been trying to find something that matched the warmth, comfort, and had a nice speaker set-up. I can't comment on the speakers yet as the store I bought the helmet from decided not to send the correct liner to me :/, but after getting no where dealing with their customer service (I wish it had been available on backcountry) I contacted K2's customer service and they are sending me a replacement as I write this.
As for the helmet itself, I think I am in love. The slight brim takes away any possibility of the gaper gap (and associated ice headache that comes with it). When I used to wear my Oakley A Frames with my Giro it would press down on top of my nose and make it difficult to breathe, and this only got worse with snotcicles, wearing them with my rant makes them feel like entirely different goggles. I have also warn my Smith Phenoms, which were comfy with the Giro, but not nearly so much as they are now.
As for the passive vent, it has kept my nugget toasty warm on some cold days out here in New England! not sure how well it will perform if it warms up a bunch, but will gladly describe that when I find out.
And finally the looks, who doesn't care at least a little how cool their gear looks? This helmet is completely unique. The covering is actual fabric, which I thought might be a problem when it came to soaking water, but that has not been an issue yet.All in all this is an amazingly comfortable helmet that seems like it was well thought out, and K2's Customer service was pretty awesome once I got a hold of someone.