The only thing that would make it more awesome would be built-in sound effects.
Unleash your freestyle fury both inbounds and outside of the ropes with the K2 Slayblade Snowboard. The arsenal of high-end goodies, including Harshmellow dampening underfoot, pop-enhancing Ollie-Bar, and the super fast, eco-friendly, and incredibly resilient Ø base, make this board a K2 team favorite for charging hard on groomers, making laps through the park, and of course—taking it to the backcountry.
- Flatline zero-camber shape balances a catch-free, floaty feel with reliable edge control and ollie power
- Harshmellow compound around the inserts offers the ultimate in chatter reduction and vibration dampening
- Tweekend nose and tail profiling extends the rocker all the way out to the absolute ends, which allows you to use the ends to land, float, and press like never before
- Bambooyah WH4 core is manufactured from vertically laminated bamboo throughout for an indestructible and skate-like ride
- Ollie-Bar technology places a spring-loaded and camber-shaped additive composed of carbon, KEVLAR®, and fiberglass in the middle of the board to generate pop without stiffening up the nose and tail
- Carbon Web places an arrangement of carbon strands in the board to deliver the power directly under the bindings, which results in sensitive response and increased ollie-power
- ICG triax fiberglass overlaps three layers of glass with integrated carbon for a ride that's not only snappy and responsive but that also releases the energy smoothly
- Ø base is an ultra-thin base made from an ultra-hard, highly porous sintered compound with static-eliminating capabilities to reduce drag
Share your thoughts
Durable and fun
Love this board - pretty much does everything well.
When you need to do everything
When you need to do everything, this is the board! I've updated this board twice now I've loved it so much. I can literally take this anywhere. It's great in powder, on groomer days, back country, crud and even slush. It's responsive even on ice. The tip design allows for a decent pop for doing lips, jumps and all manner of natural kickers. It's not a floater in the powder, but you wont find yourself struggling. Personally, i enjoy it more than my floater just because I can move it so much sharper. It's obviously not a park board, but, it's still decent. Thanks to their tip design, you get plenty of pop for kickers and jumps. I've not tried it on rails beyond the occasional tree/stump. All in all, LOVE the board and would recommend it to anyone.
Fast and great craving
I own this board and i was able to keep up with the downhill speed skiers in the group. Craving back and forth with ease. I would recommend this board to anyone. It is a great all mountain board and it provides great confidence. I have no complaints about this board.
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This thing is crazy stiff but the flat camber keeps it playful. Great for big jumps, big pipes and going really fast in general. Floats well in the deep and cuts crud like a Hanzo sword. Only downsides are the price and the top sheet is way slick so your one foot tricks may require a stomp pad.
More About Slayblade
Now in its forth year, the 2012-2013 K2 Slayblade gets its first signifigent technology tune up. The addition of Tweakend tip profile brings more stability to the award winning, close to camber feel of Flatline®. The Slayblade is the board of choice for any aggressive rider looking for a stiffer board that can send it anywhere on the mountain.
TWEEKEND - ADDED STABILITY, FLOAT & LANDING POWER
A revolutionary tweek to the ends of our industry leading Baseline technology. By extending the Baseline rocker all the way out to the absolute ends of the board, new ride-able surface is unlocked, giving you a bigger, more stable platform to press, float and land on.
harshmellow - VIBRATION FORCE FIELD
K2s proprietary vibration dampening system is built into all three of our hardgoods categories. HARSHMELLOW is a magical compound that maximizes FUN by decreasing negative vibes, leg burn and rough landings. Positioned in the insert area in our top end boards to stop vibrations before they enter your bindings.
OLLIE BAR - POP COMES PRE-LOADED
The Ollie bar is a totally new approach to adding pop to a snowboard. Built in place in a pre-loaded, cambered shape it solves the concern that rocker board dont have the pop camber board have.Made with a secret layup of carbon, Kevlar and urethane layers, the ollie bar is positioned in the center of the board between the binding inserts. Strong ollies and pressing power doesnt come from the tail alone. The backbone center section is actually more critical for smooth even pressure. You gotta try it to believe the pop.
HYBRILIGHT - LESS WASTE, MORE SHRED!
K2s exclusive Hybrilight construction features a thin, constant thickness sidewall designed for maximum performance and minimal material usage. The result is a lighter, more advanced snowboard with significantly less waste produced in manufacturing. Better on hill and greener for the hill.