We hope you like the taste of superpowers.
- C2 Power Banana Technology brings end-to-end stability, mighty pop, and pow mastery to the table
- Magnetraction gives you gazelle-like agility on ice and hardpack
- ORG Throttle risers directly transfers energy to your edges for precision carving
- Power transfer spine increases your control and the height of your ollies
Share your thoughts
Rock Solid and at home almost anywhere!
I have the 09 version of this board 164W and man does it fly! Rock solid on everything I throw at it. Being from the East Coast (NY) I needed something to handle the Ice and Chop. This board handles it with ease, I rarely get myself in trouble. We just got back from Park City where there was at least 6 ft of powder. Everything was perfect. I am an intermediate rider (no parks) and can honestly say that this board is taking me places I would never have gone before!
Not for the faint of heart
(158) This board is amazing. All the maneuverability of a regular banana, with the speed, stiffness and confidence of a regular camber. Magnetraction keeps you locked in on the chop 'n' ice, C2 design floats like magic carpet in pow (everywhere really) gets rid of all the loose sloppiness of the original banana. So fast it feels like it's never going to stop picking up speed. Lands every booter, rock drop and launch like it has it's own special agreement with gravity about how to set you down, and every ollie sends you soaring, as long as you can press this bad boy. Just can't say enough good things about this board. Not a beginner board. Be able to shred some serious back country out of bounds double diamonds and drop 10 footers comfortably to get the most out of this board.
Does anyone know how light this board is?...
Does anyone know how light this board is? Does it perform well when doing rotation tricks like 360's??
its a good board and its light and it has good rotation for 360 but it depends on how big the board is.
i have rode a lib tech for the last 3 yr's I will never ride another board...i have been riding for 17 yr's, plus they are built by snowboarder's in the usa ;)
Im looking for a good all around mountain...
Im looking for a good all around mountain board that will shred hard at high speeds and also kill it in the terrain park. Anyone know if this is a good board for that? I'm deciding between this and the MC Kink BTX by Lib Tech. Im 6'2 and 230lbs
I think a TRS 159 - 162 would work better for you. The MC Kink is stiffer than you would expect and I did not find it to be very lively. I am also 6'2 and weigh 215 and I had more fun on my TRS 162 in powder and in the park than my MC Kink 157, even though it was longer and not the best park size for me. The Dark Series is set back a little I believe. Also, it has the built in risers for carving response and has the C2 BTX which is a combination of banana rocker and camber. It is the stiffest of the three boards and I think this would be more of a freeride/all mountain freestyle board. If you are going to spend more time in the park I would get a TRS 59, if you will be riding a little bit of everything I would get the TRS 62.
Is it true that if you buy a lib tech you...
Is it true that if you buy a lib tech you should buy a little smaller than what you normally would ride. I was thinking of buying this board and need a wide but not sure what size. I weigh 175 to 180lbs.
I wouldn't. I think that they feel a little shorter on groomers because of the rocker. People say that you can size down and get the same amount of float in powder, which is true. But why not go with your normal size and get even more float and stability? In my opinion your normal size will feel more nimble and responsive than a camber board in the same size. I'm a believer in sticking with the same size.
love it hyper speed stablity great pop rocker camber combo rocks must have for serious boarders got to break out again in park awesome with all features wall,rail and jumps feel so confident on this board won't let you sit back fast for only the aggressive riders is right on the money if your still in inter to beginner let it alone cause this board flys which is awesome for me and other high speed high flying freaks who just can't get enough i recommend it to you awesome fun awesome
anyone ridden this?
how is banana in icy...
anyone ridden this?
how is banana in icy conditions?
ah the banana is good with flex and pop, but personally i didnt really like it.
Just as good as the other boards that i have owned. It did take me 3-4 days to get use to it. There are pros and cons but after a season I now prefer the feel. I think that you get cleaner carves with alot less physical effort. The float is great and they are fun on boxes. They do have less pop and dont have the same high speed stability for doing steep lines that cambered boards have.
you are nuts these boards rock! i hopped on my brother's burton couldnt even ride it..... think of it this way all other boards are like butter knifes the imagine traction is like a steak knife.