When it comes to action sports, surfers have always been at the forefront of environmental consciousness, but the industry standard for board construction uses a wide range of harmful chemicals and processes. Lib Tech is changing that with the Vert Series Surfboard. With the exception of the stainless-steel fin screws, every piece of the Vert Series uses materials that are new to the surf industry to create a board that's environmentally friendly without sacrificing rideability. The Vert Series features a squared-thumb tail and increased rocker at the nose for precise performance on fast, high-energy waves so you can shred hard on a board you'll be proud to ride.
- Powerpop Airspring Core features a closed-cell alloy formula that is waterproof, springy, and contains up to 50% recycled materials
- 2D2D (Dang Difficult 2 Ding) Volcanic Basalt Honeycomb Technology uses basalt for a lively feel and high impact resistance
- High Rebound Matrix replaces polyester and epoxy with environmentally friendly materials that are responsive and highly durable
- Elastomatrix Perimeter Dampening Web provides a silky-smooth ride even in choppy water
- M.I.L.F. (Maximum Intensity Leading Foil) fin system includes four adjustable fins: 2 M.I.L.F side fins, one Lib standard trailing fin, and a bonus Spinfly trailing fin
- Lib Tech Leash Plus features a super light fiber-composite cup and aircraft-grade aluminum pins
Share your thoughts
Any incoming orders on smaller sizes? I...
Any incoming orders on smaller sizes? I need a 5'10". Anything else is just way too big.
It looks like we do not have any on order from Lib as of right now for the Vert series. We do have a 5'10" in the Bowl series though.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
3 years surfing (intermediate)
90% of sessions from Santa Cruz to Point Reyes...mostly Cronkite and Ocean Beach
I buy and sell used surfboards to get a feel for as many brands, shapes, and materials I can.
This was my first Lib Waterboard model I owned. I had the 6'0" and I rode it everyday it was waist high plus. I rode it in weak waves and hollow waves...it really prefers to good conditions but I was amazed at how fast it was even in mushy chest - head high ocean beach. The flex is consistent and when it snaps back to its regular shape you will rocket out of your turns with soooo much speed!!
I am buying another one ASAP but this time I will go with the 6'4 (better volume for me) I am never going to own another short board that is not made by Lib, the performance is really amazing and they are stronger than any other board I have seen.
I will use the 6'4 Vert for good waves chest - head high +
I am starting my all lib quiver and I am not looking back.