Mammut's smartest, most sophisticated device.
The very compact, impact-resistant Pulse Barryvox Avalanche Beacon packs a punch with serious efficiency and high-tech function for a day of backcountry fun and peace of mind when traveling in avalanche-prone terrain. This ultra-capable device combines analog and digital with three antennas for massive range in a search. The fully graphic LCD display shows you all you need to know. In the event of a multiple burial, it shows victims and marks them or unmarks them as found. In Basic profile the device always searches for the strongest signal. In the Advanced profile, it searches based on distance and survivability criteria. Movement detectors analyze and transmit vital data from victims. When all victims have been detected, this beacon automatically switches to transmit mode. Also, it switches if the rescuer if buried in a secondary slide. Use the W-:Link to configure or update on a scalable software platform. This enables simple fleet management.
Clear user navigation is intuitive for ease of use. The device can test your group and automatically tests yourself before heading out. There's a headphone connection, too, if you prefer to use that to check audio indicators. Heck, this device even speaks eight different languages.
- Digital/analog combo with three antennas
- Real time-optimized 360-degree directional display
- 457 kHz transmitting frequency
- Search strip width 50 meters
- MapView display of number, distances, and locations of subjects
- Signal analysis and separation (DSP) when multiple burials
- Marking of found victims; unmarking of previous markers
- Fully graphic LCD display
- 3-D motions sensors
- Rescue-Send automatic switch when secondary avalanche
- W-Link scalable software platform
- Dimensions 4.5 x 2.9 x 1.1 inches
- Group check test function
- Automatic self-test
- Eight languages
- Headphone connection