Beacon, shovel, probe: meet the RAS.
- In the event of a slide, the integrated Removable Airbag System (RAS) increases your chances of recovery and survival by helping keep your body towards the top of the moving avalanche debris
- Square-shaped bag inflates to a volume of 150 L within three seconds after you pull on the release handle; bright-color handle is conveniently located on the pack's shoulder strap
- Airbag system also helps cushion and stabilize your head and neck areas during a slide, and, after deflating, can reveal a pocket of air to buy you and your rescue team precious time
- Refillable air cylinder (sold separately) has an operating pressure of 3000 PSI and is marked with Pi (Europe), TC (Canada), and DOT (US); check airlines rules before you travel by air, though
- Heads up: Snowpulse Inflation System 2.0 uses a cylinder that is only compatible with the new Snowpulse RAS and is not compatible with the older Snowpulse LifeBag
- Like the name implies, the RAS kit is removable so you can transfer it from pack to pack (pack must be RAS-ready); Mammut plans to introduce a full line of RAS-ready packs in the fall of 2012
- Editor’s Note: wearing this airbag system does NOT guarantee that you will survive an avalanche burial or a slide amidst avalanche debris; get educated, get the right tools, travel with partners, and be smart out there
- **Cartridge Sold Separately**
Share your thoughts
Installing the Mammut R.A.S. System
Mammut R.A.S Quickstart Manual
Gear I hope to never use
Got my Ride 30L RAS. Quite excited to play with the pack. Went to a local scuba shop filled the tank for $4.50 and just had to blow the bag up so I knew how it worked and how to refold the airbag and get it sorted out for the next time. Very easy to get it set up pretty good direction booklet and quick start guide. Pack has good space inside for a day ski tour with a big shovel pocket. If the pack is stuffed it carries skis diagonally nicely. Really why I bought this over everything else, seems like the best pack out there. Pretty impressed with the system too, its pretty clean overall. Not like the other one I saw with hardware store pipe clamps holding the thing together. Hope to never need it!!!
is it just the bag and no cylinder? . ....
is it just the bag and no cylinder? . . .is so where do you get the cylinder and how much?
True, the Mammut air packs ship w/o the cylinders. Drop the SKU: MAM0639 into our search bar and you'll land on the right item needed to finish off your kit.
Is this pack only RAS ready or does it...
Is this pack only RAS ready or does it come complete with fillable cylinder?
From description above:
Refillable air cylinder (sold separately) has an operating pressure of 3000 PSI and is marked with Pi (Europe), TC (Canada), and DOT (US); check airlines rules before you travel by air, though