Stay safer in occasionally unsafe situations.
- In the event of a slide, the integrated Removable Airbag System (RAS) increases your chances of recovery and survival by helping keep your body towards the top of the moving avalanche debris
- Square-shaped bag inflates to a volume of 150 L within three seconds after you pull on the release handle; bright-color handle is conveniently located on the pack's shoulder strap
- Airbag system also helps cushion and stabilize your head and neck areas during a slide, and, after deflating, can reveal a pocket of air to buy you and your rescue team precious time
- Refillable air cylinder (sold separately) has an operating pressure of 3000 PSI and is marked with Pi (Europe), TC (Canada), and DOT (US); check airlines rules before you travel by air, though
- Heads up: Snowpulse Inflation System 2.0 uses a cylinder that is only compatible with the new Snowpulse RAS and is not compatible with the older Snowpulse LifeBag
- Like the name implies, the RAS kit is removable so you can transfer it from pack to pack (pack must be RAS-ready); Mammut plans to introduce a full line of RAS-ready packs in the fall of 2012
- Editor’s Note: wearing this airbag system does NOT guarantee that you will survive an avalanche burial or a slide amidst avalanche debris; get educated, get the right tools, travel with partners, and be smart out there
- **Cartridge Sold Separately**
Share your thoughts
When do you think you will...
When do you think you will be getting these in? and can you ship it to Canada?
You're best bet is to e-mail BC your question or use the chat popup. You'll get an answer much faster.
I just got that bag from Backcountry, and...
I just got that bag from Backcountry, and it looks awesome. I really like the volume inside, as well as the fit of the bag over my shell.
I have one question / issue though... I cannot locate the re-arming tool to rearm the airbarg if you pull the trigger. It is supposed to be included, but I couldn't find it in the bag. Anyone knows where it is supposed to be?
found it!!! There is an inside pocket at the top of the main one that I hadn't located. Tool is in there, with a safety hook so you don't loose it.
Mammut airbag deployed
I was wondering if this listed price...
I was wondering if this listed price includes the cylinder?
Was wondering that myself, my guess would be no. Everywhere else I've seen it sells them separately and the prices are right around this ballpark. I'd be pretty surprised, and probably buy it instantly if it does those!
So I found out that the pack does not come with the cylinder. The cylinder is another 175 bucks
No, the price here does not include the cylinder. Those are $174.99 in addition to the pack.