The tail sinks, then nose pops, and it does the splits ... now that's a one helluva pow board.
- R.C. (rocker and camber) technology provides the smooth turns and float of rocker (middle) with stability and pop of camber (outside of binding mounts)
- Custom Flightcore blends vertical strands stiff hardwood and flexible softwood that flexes easy with added snap needed to maintain stability
- RDS 1 is three perimeter elastomeric layers sandwiched between the edge, wood, and fiberglass that offers rebound and stability—ideal for an aggressive rider
- Carbon Laminate Technology under the binding inserts utilizes V-pattern strips at the core's base and top for strength and hold when you burn through big lines
- Bi-Lite fiberglass layer offers strength but delivers forgiving flex
- Highly durable, textured Carbonium topsheet resists damage from hard use
- P-Tex inner and outer sidewalls provide stability and strength
- Full-wrap metal edges on both halves and P-Tex tip and tail protection reduce damage from hard objects
- Voile Split Kit and skins NOT INCLUDED
Share your thoughts
I've only used the board once, but I think it's great so far. This is my third split board (previous were burtons, most recent being the s-series). The other splits I've riden felt like a snowboard split in half. This Never Summer Summit did not feel like that at all - felt like a normal board. The one time I rode it was in variable conditions: powder to groomers - it seemed to handle all of it very well. Felt very responsive when in tight trees and held an edge and speed on the groomers. The information on the dogfunk website and the never summer websit differ on the flex rating. Dogfunk says it's a 6/10 and Never Summer says it's a 4/10. When I received the board the info sticker said it was a 5/10. After riding it, I would say it's more like a 5/10 and I am happy with the flex (I was a bit concerned given the conflicting info), but I suppose that might be very personal. As for touring mode, well that was great too - boards are lightweight compared to my previous set up. As for durability, I cannot say obviously, but the topsheet seems bomber. Overall, love the board so far and am very happy with it.
Great board. Floats through the deep, cuts through the trees, and absorbs the chatter at high speeds. Climbs well and descends better. The rocker, camber helps keep the nose on top of the snow while climbing too. I was deciding between venture, gnu billy goat, voile, and a few others. Stoked i went for this one. If you can't decide get this one. You wont regret it.
A True Masterpiece
The technology and craftsmanship put into this splitboard is amazing. Splitboards have come a long way in providing that "solid" board feel when riding, and with my 15 years riding experience, I really feel this board is the cutting edge. I am amazed at how light the board is, very responsive in tight trees and while billygoating big technical lines and the fact that NS added their custom rocker and camber to a split is unrivaled. It can handle anything you can. I have ridden the solid version of this board for years as well. For those that don't know, the boys at NS have been custom making splitboards for over 15 years. When it comes to quality and bomb proof boards, you can't beat NS!
I ordered this and rode it once so far, the build quality was amazing, this is my first powder board so I can't really compare to others, but it road really nicely in the powder.