Warning: The Ultralight may cause you to forget about reality for a few hours and assume you can fly.
We can focus on the fact that the Nidecker Ultralight UG Snowboard feels as light as a down jacket, but that should be obvious by the name. What isn't as obvious is how amazingly stable, poppy, fast, and floaty this buttery-soft mostly handmade (by the Swiss) board really is. Carbon and KEVLAR® stringers strategically placed within the core create the response, pop, and stability necessary for aggressive freeriders to get the most out of every turn, slash, and launch.
- Ultimate Grip technology features protruded segments in the edge for superior hold on icy and packed man-made or natural snow
- Master core utilizes different wood densities and variable flex whether carving on groomers or riding deep, soft snow
- Elastomer layer sandwiched inside the core virtually eliminates vibration from chatter on hardpacked snow
- Aluminum and elastomer wrap around the tip and tail provide impact resistance
- Multi-directional fiberglass weaves combined with bi-directional carbon stringers create a responsive and super-stable platform for aggressive riding
- Directional-tapered shape provides superior float in pow and quick edge-to-edge riding
- Super-fast 8800 sintered base is crafted with 40% recycled base material for lower environmental impact
- Teak sidewalls for durability feature a small layer of softer ABS material to add flexibility and impact resistance