Be afraid, be VERY afraid.
Picture everything Nidecker knows about snowboarding and you get the Ultralight UG Snowboard. A revolutionary welded wooden core enhanced by biaxial carbon and topped off with Ultimate Grip technology give you lightweight control most people can’t even dream of.
- Ultimate Grip uses a wave shape to add more contact points to your edge for extreme edge control in any condition-East coast ice beware!
- Tip and tail carbon stringers add strength and pop in an ultralight package
- Master Wood Core uses a combination of different woods and densities to provide the ultimate in lightweight power and performance-The Ultralight UG utilizes a welded form of this core to reduce weight and increase strength
- Multiaxial Carbon uses a fiberglass developed by Nidecker to provide maximum torsion control- This fiberglass is enhanced with a bidirectional carbon fabric to give you the best edge control possible
- A Diamond Stone Finished 8800 sintered base hurtles you down the mountain at ludicrous speed
Share your thoughts
True to the name
This board is extremely light. Unfortunately, as I've become older, I don't leave the ground as much as when I was a young buck, so the weight of a board does not factor as much as the sturdiness of it. While the board did not present any problems per se, there were times at high speed when I did not feel comfortable making aggressive carves. Again, this is nothing against the board but more a mismatch of board vs. riding type.
This Board is incredible! At first I thought it would be too much board for me at 163. I am 5'9" 180lbs and had no problem turning into trenches. Snow conditions were less than ideal with a lot of sun baked stuff and shady frozen crud, but this board held an edge with the utmost integrity (Nidecker uses a serrated edge technology). The Carbon fiber top-sheet dampened out a lot of the chatter and made for a super stable and silky smooth ride on the flats, but allowed for quick power transfer and edge integrity turning the lines. This board is super snappy and vibrant and truly superior in materials and construction. Definitely recommend it! Very light + Super fun! If you are even considering getting this board, do it! You won't be disappointed! Plus with this Dogfunk.com 100% satisfaction guarantee you can't go wrong!
Shawn Farmers board of choice.
The Nidecker Ultralite 163 is the lightest board I have ever ridden. It is lightening quick edge-to-edge. I know I can rely on this board in any situation. It's dampening characteristics are incredible. It hauls ass and carves the perfect turns on steeps chutes and all-mountain situations. I've stopmed some nice drops on this thing and I love it. The control I feel on this board is empowering. If I could have only one board, this is it. This thing is the all-mountian directional ruler. A true masterpiece of snowboard design. Kudos to Nidecker for the Ultralite. I've never ridden anything that even comes close. It feels like it's not there, untill you need it. It is both a source of joy and a savior. I really really love this board.