Paul Rodriguez has long been a standout presence on the contest scene. He has churned out noteworthy video parts and done his bit to redefine modern street-skating. Meanwhile, in the shoe world, the Nike Paul Rodriguez 5 Skate Shoe, like its namesake, is also doing some game-changing.
- TPU reinforced suede was demanded by P Rod to outlast standard suede
- Lunarlon construction—taken from running shoes, this construction provides spring-like rebound and cushioning by placing a softer foam inside a wrap of denser foam
- Phylon full-length midsole cushioning reduces shock from harsh landings
- One-piece toe eliminates unnecessary seams that would otherwise get blown out by grip tape
- Durable outsole presents the volume of vulc with the longlife of a cupsole
- Perforated panels are strategically placed to increase airflow in specific zones
- Synthetic mesh lining increases ventilation needed for skating in hot weather