Simpler is better.
Unless you're doing some serious expeditioning in the backcountry's backcountry, skip the bells and whistles and save yourself some dough with the Nomis Foundation Hooded Men's Shell Jacket. The DWR-treated fabric repels moisture to keep you dry in everyday conditions, and the snap-up Fade Gaiter keeps snow from filling up your jacket when the deep stuff falls.
- 8K-rated polyester fabric is DWR-treated to repel water so you stay dry throughout the day
- Critical seams taped prevents moisture from seeping
- Regular fit allows room to layer underneath without being too baggy
- Mesh-lined underarm vents dump heat when it warms up
- Fade Gaiter powder skirt keep snow from going up your back when it's deep and can be snapped up in a pocket when you don't need it
- Lycra wrist gaiters are stretchy to keep snow from getting up your sleeve without being uncomfortable
- Internal pass pocket allows for easy access
Share your thoughts
great coat! Its an amazing shell. Ive had it for about a week now and its awesome! Super waterproof and has a very long powder skirt. The inside also has nice extended sleeves that you can put your thumbs through so that your wrist dont get snow on them when you slam. It's also very warm for just a shell. Not something i would wear in anything under 10 degrees F but it looks cool and does a great job!
Not for Cold. Perfect for Warm
Let me be clear, there is no insulation whatsoever in this jacket. There isnt even really a liner. Its just a waterproof shell and a thin (not warm) material to line the inside. It works great for warm days, slushy and all. There isnt much to it. Two outside hand pockets, one inside for an iPod, nowhere to hook your pass (its not a internal pass pocket, its for an iPod). Its great for what its made for; keeping you dry. It will barely keep you warm. It'll stop some wind and its got pit zips which is good cause I only use this on warm days. I love it though and I only gave it 3 stars because its not worth $190. I payed $50 for it from a friend...at that price its 5 stars. It works like a big waterproof hoodie, which explains the name and it keeps you dry. It looks good and it does what it says..but seriously, its just a hoodie
Also, thank you Dogfunk for not editing these reviews like other websites. Cant blame you guys for the price. Great website