Simpler is better.
Unless you're doing some serious expeditioning in the backcountry's backcountry, skip the bells and whistles and save yourself some dough with the Nomis Foundation Hooded Men's Shell Jacket. The DWR-treated fabric repels moisture to keep you dry in everyday conditions, and the snap-up Fade Gaiter keeps snow from filling up your jacket when the deep stuff falls.
- 8K-rated polyester fabric is DWR-treated to repel water so you stay dry throughout the day
- Critical seams taped prevents moisture from seeping
- Regular fit allows room to layer underneath without being too baggy
- Mesh-lined underarm vents dump heat when it warms up
- Fade Gaiter powder skirt keep snow from going up your back when it's deep and can be snapped up in a pocket when you don't need it
- Lycra wrist gaiters are stretchy to keep snow from getting up your sleeve without being uncomfortable
- Internal pass pocket allows for easy access